Economic Portable Hardness Tester , #PHT-1700
Model No. PHT-1700
Ships direct from factory.
Loaded with features, this economically priced hardness tester is capable of measuring the surface hardness of a broad variety of metals on flat and round surfaces. This instrument comes complete with the universal D impact device, calibrated test block and rugged carry case.
Designed to test large hard parts:
Example: Tool steel should be close to 1” thick of solid material
• Load the impact body
• Place the impact body on your test piece
• Push the button to begin testing and obtain reading
• Base instrument
• Impact device D ("DL" PHT-1740)
• Calibrated test block
• Custom carry case
• Cleaning brush
• Operation manual
• Easy to use keypad operation
• Large LCD display with back light
• Automatic conversions to: Brinell, Rockwell, Vicker and Share
• Automatic mean value
• Data storage capacity
• Accuracy: +/- 0.5% (referred to L=800,
• Repeatability accuracy: +/- 4L units) L=Leeb
• Measuring range: 200-960 HL
• Materials: steel & cast steel, alloy tool steel, stainless steel, grey cast iron, spheroidal iron, cast aluminum, brass, bronze, wrought copper alloy.
• Battery type: AAA alkaline (2)
• Operating temperature: 5-104 degrees F
• Dimensions: 108 x 62 x 25mm
• Weight: 230 grams
Options:NIST/ASTM certified hardness test blocks are available.